Reduces anxiety; Increases learning and memory; Increases both mental and physical work capacity
Used in Russia since the 1980s by sportsmen and soldiers, Bromantane is a non-prescription adamantane derivative. Its original purpose was to serve as an immuno-stimulant drug. It is an anxiolitic and a stimulant.
Bromantane acts by dopaminergic action, stimulating the nervous system. It increases 5-HT and 5-HIAA in the frontal cortex and subcortial regions of the brain and therefore stimulates the serotonin receptors.
The action of Bromantane reduces 5-HT and 5-HIAA in the cerebellum, cuts down gene expression, stimulates cytochrome P-450 synthesis, strengthens GABA-ergic mediation, reducing gene expression, supervising synthesis of GABA-transporters.
Though it is primarily a mild psychostimulant and anxiolytic, Bromantane is also known for its antiasthenic properties. Reports have indicated that it improves physical and mental performance, and hence could be considered a performance-enhancing drug.
Clinical Trials have determined that the effects of Bromantane for the treatment of asthenia onset between 1 to 3 days. The combination of psychostimulant and anxiolytic activity is said to give Bromantane further efficacy in the treatment of asthenia.
The use of Bromantane has demonstrated the following benefits:
• Increases both mental and physical work capacity
• Increases learning and memory
• Reduces anxiety
• Boosts immune system
• Increases muscle mass and strength
• Stimulant effect differs from traditional psychostimulants in that it is an agent of non-exhaustive action (no increase in oxygen consumption or body heat)
• Reduces overheating and helps protect against hyperthermia
• Very few side-effects
• No withdrawal symptoms or addictive potential
• Helps liver with detoxification functions